Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 9, 2009

12 week update!

So, I went to the doctor on Friday, Jeremy and I had someone watch the kids so we both went. He usually goes to all my OB appointments with me. We had the most thorough interview with the OB nurse for about 45min before we saw the doctor. I mean she wanted to know everything about our health history as parents, then wanted to know everything about our parents and siblings, and grandparents. She wanted to know every detail of my deliveries with Hannah and Caleb...I mean to, how long was I in labor with Hannah etc. I'd just never had anyone ask all those details before. Oh well, I guess it's good and they're thorough.

Anyway, then I had labs done, my yearly routine exam with the doc, and then we FINALLY got to hear the heartbeat! It took him awhile to find it. Maybe a min, or probably less, but still seemed like FOREVER! I said, we need to do an ultrasound! He said don't worry you won't leave here today without hearing something. Then there was this big swoosh kick sound, he said, see thats the baby moving all around, we just need to get the heartbeat. So we found it, and all was well. He said things looked and sounded perfect!

After we left the doctor, we went to the hospital where I'll most likely deliver, had a simple tour and got to look all around. It's strictly a women and children hospital, so I kinda like that about it. They have a NICU just in case (which I'm positive we won't need that this go round). And for those wondering, we still don't know the placement of my placenta. We'll have to wait until my 20wk ultrasound. Hopefully all is well, I'm not having any spotting or anything, so we'll see. I didn't start bleeding with Caleb until 28weeks, but I just feel things are gonna be great this time.

So this is all for now, I'm still feeling great and glad to be almost done with this first trimester. I'll see him again in 4 weeks. So I'll update again then!

7 comments:

Kylie said...

Wonderful news! There is nothing better than a happy doctor report when you're pregnant :) I'm praying, too for everything to continue to be perfect!

Cindy said...

That's great, Kelly! Congrats on getting to hear the heartbeat. That made Blaine seem so real to me when I heard it! Miss you!

Robyn said...

Kelly that is such great news! I am so happy for you. I really enjoyed seeing you this weekend at the shower. You are so fun to talk to!

Nathan said...

I'm glad your appointment went well. Call me if you ever need someone to watch your two munchkins when you go to the doctor.

Kayla said...

Sorry the comment from Nathan was actually from me. I didn't realize he was logged on this computer.

Deana said...

Yeah!!! It was so good to see you Sunday. I hope things continue to great for you guys until the little one arrives. Jackie finds out next week what they are having. Talk to you later!

Anonymous said...

Aw, Kelly...I'm so so happy for you! I hope you have many more super happy doctor visits! I can't believe y'all are gonna wait to find out the gender again - I want to know now!!! And I love your hair! I got mine cut too - pics are on fb. Love you!