So, just an update on life around here with raising kids. I've had so many comments and e-mails from my previous post, thanks for the encouraging words. I love the comments, so keep them coming : )
Anyway, so I started thinking, I really want to discipline my children in love and not out of stubbornness or anger...I quit trying to make Hannah go potty before bed, if she needs to go she'll go. I'm fine, she's been fine, and still no accidents. So we're good there. Also with the screaming tantrums at naptime...today was a success. We started a sticker chart, if she goes to bed good for naptime and night-time, no screaming fits, then she gets a sticker. When she gets 10- stickers she's gets to get a new book. She is VERY excited about this...and it's starting to work. Night time has been good...and no more screaming at 7am.
Nap time, the past 2 days, she'll be in her room for "quiet time" after about 45min she comes out and starts whining "I wanna lay on the big couch"...I go put her back in her room....she then cries and has her fit for about 10 min, and it's so funny because I stand there and physically put her back in her bed (maybe 50 times if necessary)....then all of a sudden she'll stop crying, ask for a kleenex so I can wipe her tears, and then will lay down and just go to sleep. She's slept 2hrs both times. So today, no fit, no crying, she played, I still had to encourage her to lay down, and she slept for about 2hrs. SO it's working!!! She got a sticker and is ready to get a new book. 6 stickers to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
I like that sticker idea... maybe we'll make a chart of our own!
That is a great idea for the sticker chart! I wish I had thought of it. I just might try it for Andy and Kara who still have trouble staying in their beds at times. Emma is the one who normally stay put when she is ready for sleep.
Everyone looks great! I can't believe how much of a big girl Hannah looks like! Miss you and hope you are doing well.
~Carolyn
great idea, what a creative mom! you are so good at it, so proud of you!
Post a Comment