I was so glad to have mom here....serioulsy she was a life saver. So to continue....mom came Wednesday night. Caleb woke up a couple times during the night....once again, I gave tylenol and nursed him. Seriously, his tooth is right there....I can see it, it just hasn't broken the skin yet...poor kid.
THURSDAY was ok....no more throwing up for Hannah, this time just diarrhea. She was still eating and drinking, and pottying....but we have put the panties on HOLD for right now. Sweet kid....she makes it to the potty most times, but with this little inconvenience, we decided that pull-ups were DEFINITELY the way to go. I'm not chancing any major accidents with this one.
So for something kinda fun....we had gotten a little swimming pool from Wal-Mart, put it in the front yard and let the kids swim. So cute!! I"ll definitely put pics up soon....except I think Jeremy has the cable I need to put pics on the computer with him at camp, so it will have to wait until the weekend. Hannah played, she kinda thought it was just like the bath tub. Caleb liked it, but he kept reaching over the side to eat the grass and leaves from the yard. Then he wanted to lay down on his stomach and scoot around.....so he didn't last too long in the pool.
Thursday night....poor little Caleb....so fussy, not wanting to sleep, pulling at his ears, low grade temp, I'm thinking NO WAY does he have an ear infection. We don't even have any doctors around here yet.
So FRIDAY I call my friend who is a nurse and she has a little girl that is 8mos old....I'm trying to find out who some good docs are around here.....she informs me that her little girl has been SO sick with stomach stuff, dehydration, they've been to the hospital with IV"s etc....she got sick the same time Hannah did. I'm praying oh, I hope Hannah's bug is minor and that this isn't gonna be a wide-spread virus throughout the church. It's so hard when little babies get that....they can get so sick so fast.
Anyway...we find a local doc in town....to go to a pediatrician you have to go to San Antonio or Victoria mainly...nothing in Kenedy. Anyway we went to a super, super nice doctor here.....I'm thinking we may all just use this guy for basic stuff, and use the pediatrician for like well-check-ups to get all the major stuff checked out. Anyway he checks Caleb out....NO ear infection. He is perfectly healthy.....just having a TERRIBLE time with teething. I don't remember Hannah having this hard of a time. Hopefully the nights will get better.
SATURDAY...DADDY CAME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were all so excited to see him. My mom stayed until the very end...what a huge blessing. She stayed at home while the kids napped and I could go help unload and clean up stuff at the chuch after all the youth left to help out a little bit. Hannah is still having diarrhea....this is like day 4, so hopefully it will be over soon. Caleb slept all night last night...YEAH.
All in all this was the busiest week I've had in a LONG time. The Lord really does sustain you even at times when life just kinda stinks, it's not fun, you're not sleeping, and you miss your husband. So I know that some of these things are really minor compared with a lot of people problems and troubles....so I'm trying not to complain too much, just sharing the facts. I really have been very blessed and have a wonderful family. I have a great husband, wonderful parents, wonderful in-laws, and I really do love my life....there are just often bumps in the road that make life just a little inconvenient at times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
WHEW! We were pretty busy!...and I didnt get there till Wednesday! I'm just so excited that you live closer now and I can be more "available" to help. I LOVED being with all of you...even with teething woes and diarrhea...only a grandma could love that!
Hope next week goes better. I'm sure it will! At least your hubby is back to help out. Love ya'll
mom/me-maw
Hey...you should try the infant Motrin with Caleb. Katie was having a very hard time with the teeth too this week. Her fever went up to 101.7. Our Dr. told us to try Motrin. Apparently it really helps for teeth as it has a antiinflammatory in it also. It also last longer. It worked for Katie.
I was so excited when I found your blog, too! trent is great! He and kourtny live in Mesquite and both work at a school in Rockwall. I will try and get some pictures of them up so you can see them :) Glad Jeremy is back home! Hope the kids are feeling better
Post a Comment