MONDAY:
The kids and I are surviving on our own for a few days. The youth left for camp on Monday morning and the get back on Saturday. I thought I can handle this for a few days....mom comes on Wednesday night to stay for a few days, so until then we're great. Monday was good, we went swimming at a friends house, Hannah would rather sit around the OUTSIDE of the pool and just watch. She really isn't crazy about the water, while Caleb loved it....he splashed and splashed in his water toy. We came home, everyone had baths, ate dinner, and off to bed. It was a little weird because you know you just hear more noises than usual at night. I wasn't really scared....I just decided that I really like having Jeremy around.
TUESDAY:
We wake up, the kids slept all night (monday)...with the few exceptions of Hannah trying to get up and go potty during the night. So we get up to go get Caleb around 8am and Hannah is on the floor trying to get a book from under his bed, somehow the door to Caleb's closet fell off and landed on her finger and kind of on top of her. She's screaming, I pick her up, quickly assess to see where the injuries are, is there any blood...you know the motherly look over. I notice her 3rd and 4th fingers on her right hand are red, kinda bleeding, and getting bigger. I thought...oh my goodness did she break her fingers. I call the pastors wife to see who and where a doctor is just in case. I call the Family Practice Clinic, the doc is out of town, and they have a temporary one coming in at 2pm, and they don't do x-rays in the office.
So I'm deciding....do I just watch it, put ice and elevate it.....yeah right for a 2yr old whose attention span is like 10seconds....finally I make a decision we're going to the ER. I load up the kids and off we go......I couldn't find anyone to watch Caleb, so he's joining us. Actually the ER visit was very nice....I think we were the only ones there. We were in and out in 1hr. Hannah let the doctor look at her hand, and she even got 3 x-rays ALL BY HERSELF in the x-ray room. I wa holding Caleb peeking at her through a door....such a big girl. Conclusion...no broken fingers....just really bruised and swollen. So who knows how much the tab will be for that one. Our co-pay is $100, so we'll see how that goes.
Back to the house....its a normal day the rest of the afternoon. We eat dinner at a couples house from the church. That night I put the kids to bed....and I'm ready to sleep. This is how the night went:
12am......Caleb is screaming. I think he has another tooth coming through....I give him tylenol, nurse him (anything at this
point to make him go to sleep), put him back to bed. Hannah stayed asleep through the whole thing.
1am........I get back in bed.
3am........Hannah wakes up, she says she has to potty. We go sit, nothing. I change her diaper because it's soaked.
3:15am...Hannah back in bed.
4am........I hear footsteps in the kitchen...I get up and Hannah is there, so I decide she can just sleep with me, I go get her
pillow and blanket, come back to the kitchen and she THROWS UP all over the floor. You've got to be KIDDING ME!!
This can't really be happening. I clean the floor, put towels down in our bed with a basin, and tuck Hannah in. I told
her if she needs to throw up again please use the pink bucket, not my bed.
4:30........Caleb screaming again. Give more tylenol, nurse him (once again I NEED SLEEP), back to bed.
6:15am...Hannah wake up (in bed with me) she grabs her pink bucket and is sitting there. I said, "Are you ok, are you gonna
throw up", "Yes mommy"....she then very neatly throws up in the pink bucket. I clean it out, wipe her face, give
water, and she goes back to sleep.
7:00.......Caleb awake and ready to start the day.
Whew....we made it. Seriously I'm functioning in survival mode, and was so glad that mom was coming Wednesday night for a few days. Hannah is ok, I think she just has a minor stomach bug. Now through the whole night...really I was ok, I had prayed so much for me to have peace and to be able to handle anything that happens....maybe the Lord was testing us.
WESNESDAY:
Nothing major happened.....Hannah had a few episodes of diarrhea....I thought has is this going to work with the whole potty training thing....she made it to the potty which I am SO thankful for. We went to Wal-Mart got some groceries and stayed at home. Mom made it by about 8:30pm and we put the kids to bed.
I'll be ready for Jeremy to come home and he can once again share in these wonderful life experiences. Seriously they are having a good time at camp...it's been a good week for him to get to know the youth more. Next year, hopefully I'll be there with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Oh my...when it rains it pours!! We are having the teething issue too!! I am glad your mommy is there now!! I go many weeks by myself and it is so nice to have mom here! Currently, my child is trying to get into the shredder...better go intervene before we have no fingers!
hey kelly! email me at robyn_areheart@yahoo.com with your email address...that is how i can invite you to my blog! it will be fun to keep up with each other!
robyn
holy moly kel- i think i would have lost my marbles. i read it out loud to james and we both cringed. you are a super mommy- i hope you get a little time to yourself this week. love you.
Post a Comment