Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 5, 2008

Paid in Full



Whew...well today we officially made the last payment to Medical Center Hospital in Odessa for Caleb's birth and my stay in the hospital! YEAH! I mean it's not like if we didn't pay...they'd come and take Caleb away or do something bad to me....it's just really nice to have that little boy paid off : ) I think the grand total for EVERYTHING in the hospital from June 21-July 25 was like $50,000. Of course insurance paid a lot of that. I'm so thankful for health insurance. We figured when we were doing our taxes that in 2007 we spent about $18,000 dollars for medical costs.....yes money out of pocket! We figured our grand total income that year was $36,000. Crazy when the year before we're living on probably $65,000, with only 1 child. I know it's a lot of numbers, but the reality of provision is amazing to me.

We were reflecting on things and it's just really a supernatural thing of how God provided for us in the year 2007. First of all...I get pregnant in December 2006. Jeremy quits his job at Baylor (an act of faith since we were actively pursuing a ministry position), I'm working part-time, Jeremy has odd jobs here and there, we sell our house and move to a ministry position paying $30,000 a year for our soon to be family of 4. God just met all of our needs...from church members, parents, coworkers, checks just showing up in the mail from simple acquaintances, so many ways.

I'm so thankful and grateful for all we have...most importantly my family and the relationships with family. I mean ultimately everything we have belongs to the Lord, it is just on loan to us while we are here.

The pictures are just ones I like. Hannah is practicing checking her e-mail (what have we created). Also she says she's checking EBAY and that shes blogging. Good girl.

2 comments:

walkers said...

awesome! you guys are such an inspiration- living by faith. thanks for the testimony- you are so loved by GOD!

catherine said...

Kelly,

Hey! This is Catherine (Lewis) Botsford from Waco. I just found your blog. Your kids are precious. Hannah looks so much like you to me. I am glad things are good with your fam. I just read your mouse story. That was hilarious! We had one too, but never found it.. be glad yours is gone.