Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 23, 2008

We CAUGHT You!!!!



Yeah...take a good look!! This creature was in my HOUSE! I know, there are probably mice in every house in America but still...it grosses me out! So the kids are napping, Jeremy is in Odessa, and I'm checking my e-mail on the couch...it's a peaceful day UNTIL, I notice out the corner of my eye....A MOUSE. Yes this mouse was walking SLOWLY (so I could get a good look), by the bathroom door, then it scurries behind the couch. My heart immediately starts palpating, and I'm getting hot. I think, OH MY GOSH, I really just saw a mouse. Now where did he go. I get up and and sitting on the kitchen table calling Jeremy who is 40miles away. I call like 5 times and finally he picks up his phone. I'm whispering, "There's a mouse in our house...what do I do". He says, "Oh really, well I'll buy some traps". I'm thinking OK....well what do I do until then. I mean this is really making me nervous. I said the kids are gonna wake up, then what do I do.....he said "Carry on with daily life". YEAH RIGHT. Like I'm so paranoid about this creature, I'm thinking I'm definitely NOT putting Caleb on the floor, the mouse might attack him. I don't want to scare Hannah really, so I'm thinking about what we're gonna do. In the mean time I call my mom.....and she was so great, there absolutley wasn't anything she could do being 6hrs away, but still, she sympathized with me while I'm holding back the tears.

I called him back...one of my 3 phone calls to him during this whole ordeal. I told him to buy every trap that Wal-Mart had....so he bought a LOT. He came home and we set them up (glue traps). I thought...ok this is good, we'll be at church tonight and when we come home, he'll be caught and I can sleep in peace. So keep in mind....I came home with both kids BY MYSELF in the DARK (Jeremy was finishing up things at church). I slowly come inside and listen..no rustling heard. I turn on ALL the lights, and look at all the traps, NOTHING. So I'm like great...I do my best to put Hannah to bed, and then get Caleb ready. Jeremy came home, and we all went to sleep. We put towels at the entrance of the bedroom doors to keep him out...atleast it made me feel a little safer.

The next morning....still NOTHING. Great, I mean the joy had really been sapped from me. Maybe I'm letting this be too big of a deal, but I really couldn't handle this creature being in my house somewhere and I didn't know where. YUCK. So we leave for the day to go to Midland. We come home about 2:30....and AHHH HAAAAAAAA......I made Jeremy go in first, but there it was stuck on a trap that we had put by the bathroom door. WHEW...we showed Hannah and told her that the mouse had to go back outside to his OWN home, and that it wasn't nice for him to be in OUR home. So daddy disposed of the mouse in the dumpster. I was even brave enough to take a picture!

So hopefully he doesn't have any friends and if he does, I don't need to know about them!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

That is hilarious! I can just see you perched on the table!! I know what you mean, mice freak me out too! One time when Todd was out of town (of course) I saw a mouse in our laundry room. I didn't want to fool with baiting and setting a snap trap so I too lined the walls with sticky traps. In the middle of the night that thing got caught and was flopping and squeaking. It was horrible sounding! Then it dawned on me, Todd's not here and I'm going to have to do something with that. I put down a plastic sack and knocked the trap with shreaking mouse into it with a broom. I took it to the trash barrel but then began to feel like it was inhumane to let it suffer like that so.... I burned the trash! Todd laughed so hard and said, OK, now that was really humane being burned alive. Ah, the joys of country living! I didn't mean to write a book here, you just brought back a funny memory!

Kelly said...

Cindy...see you too have a funny mouse story. You are pretty brave....and burning the trash...thats FUNNY! So glad you can relate. Hopefully I'll have no more stories.
Kelly

walkers said...

you kill me. we had a RAT! its tail was as big as his body- it does make me cringe. way to endure

Anonymous said...

You are too nice... you actually let the mouse live? : )
-CB

Christi said...

That is too funny! Thanks for the bloggy encouragement. I am going to love reading about your sweet family (and other household members with sticky feet!).

Christy said...

thanks for your comment kelly! so good to hear from you and your two children are precious. jayden is 8 months old born july 2nd. he is so fun and such a delight! we are in dallas and have been here for about 6 years. i am glad we connected!
christy